Sunday, March 11, 2018

the last......


Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 8:01 PM (MDT)
           Monday, March 12, 2018 1:01 PM (Vanuatu)

hello friends. 
this feels so surreal typing this my last email home as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. so, review of this last week and then i'll get into the last messages of elder hyatt vi

a cyclone wreck'd my last week as a missionary... finally got to go back to malekula on monday! diligently looking for a dog to eat! but alas, it didn't work out. the dog ran away... sadness. 

overall my last week in vanuatu was mainly sitting and doing almost nothing while the cyclone raged on outside/nearby. but i was ok i didn't get hurt and the truck didn't get hurt and all the missionaries were good! it was kinda cool cuz a dude from vila called us shortly after the signal came back and asked us on behalf of the area seventies wheter or not we the missionaries on malekula were ok! and we were! it was so cool! like. the area seventies were worried about me individually! but that's how the best ministering takes place. one by one. woot! 

had a last district meeting. i love those elders so much. i hope and pray that they will(along with the other missionaries that are gonna come after them) will be able to uplift and bless the lives of the people we've taught and helped and come to love... i wish all the missionaries here could feel what i feel. im sure they feel it to some degree but. the mission is so short. these last two years have been so short... urgency! massive action! this gospel is a gospel of now!

but it was interesting cuz i had asked in a prayer recently. is there anything that i have not learned yet on my mission that i need to learn before i return. and if so please teach me what those things are. and then this last week happened. so, though the last week of my mission didn't go at all like i planned it or wanted it to go, it was the week that i needed to go through and learn from. the lord answers prayers. that is a surety. i know that to be true.

been thinking a lot about what i'd say in my homecoming talk and such. wheter or not i've changed on the mission. very surreal. i don't know how well im going to adjust in this upcoming week/month. but i've learned a lot of stuff on the mission and now i've got a whole life ahead of me and turn this knowledge into wisdom and experience. so that one day i can look back(and forward) and be confident of my stance before the lord that i am clean and have developed my talents and abilities and all that to the best of my ability. 

scatterbrained email as usual. but i suppose since this is my last email i should share my witness and testimony of this gospel. and i could much better express the things i know and feel if we were in a district meeting or in a conversation. cuz this gospel is personal. and the things i've learned and felt and now know. are personal and significant to me. and so, i want to share my testimony but i fear you won't be able to feel what i feel by just reading the words on the screen... but here goes. i know. that this church is true. i know that god is mindful of me. weak, imperfect, flawed me. and he loves me and has helped me more than i probably have realized or recognized. i am so grateful of that unchanging love. he is always there for us. it is us who move away from him... the things i speak of are spiritual and you can't touch them or prove them as with a scientific experiment that can be recorded in some dusty textbook. they are living statements of truth. so when you read the book of mormon or want to test whether or not this is true. this kind of truth is felt far before it is seen. i feel my saviors love. in everything around me. so, i suppose a more accurate statement would be, i feel this church and this gospel are true. come unto christ and be perfected in him. he that is found faithful. god be with you till we meet again. 

elder hyatt vi

No comments:

Post a Comment